Thursday, July 3, 2008

Baby's are priceless...

Well, I disagree. There's a hefty monetary commitment that accompanies these little boogers. Hospital, doctors, checkups, medicine, and diapers. He's fabulous, fantastic, and financially kicking our butts. Believe me, it's worth every penny. I just can't believe that 5 days after payday, I'm broke.

Let's take a trip to the not so distant past... 2005. In 2005, a day like today would have not been a big deal. I went and got a pedicure and Chris hit a bucket of balls at the driving range. No biggie, right? As of today, less than one week since payday, these two tiny recreational activities (coupled with doctor bills) has left me pondering other forms of income. How often can Chris donate blood?

Deep breath. It's not that bad. It's actually not bad at all. Obviously, if it were that bad, would we really go hit golf balls and get pedicures? Plus, he's the most well-behaved baby on the planet. We are so lucky.

Ok, I just peeked into his room, and he's napping. He's the best thing that's ever happened to us. Maybe I should go buy him something...


~Anne

1 comment:

breannesp said...

Annie, wtf. I thought that *I* was the best thing that ever happened to you! Hm, maybe can I be the best thing over 3 feet that happened to you? Or the best thing that ever happened to you that doesn't (always) pee their pants?