Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tricky Baby

Sometimes I wonder how Andrew could be so tricky at such a young age. His trickeration comes in many forms, and although somewhat angering, it's always impressive.
1. Mine. I learned a valuable lesson about the word mine. Andrew has a new found obsession with my cup of coffee each morning. In an effort to explain that he couldn't have it, I touched my cup of coffee and my chest and said "mine". Now, instead of Andrew letting me drink my coffee in peace, he points to it, touches his chest, and says "mine". He does this with anything he wants now. I think it's safe to say I didn't teach him the true meaning of mine.

2. Coughee. Along with Andrew's misguided understanding of the word mine, he also doesn't get what is in my mug each morning. I know this because of what started yesterday. We went through our normal rigmarole with him pointing to my mug, touching his chest, and saying "mine". I responded by saying, " No, Bubba, this is mommy's coffee". He then touch his chest and coughed. Andrew now thinks that each morning mommy enjoys a big cup of cough-ee to get her going.

3. Teet. No, it's not what you think... Teet is Andrew's approximation for treat. He used to be able to trick Ladyby pinching his fingers together as if to offer her food. That no longer works; however, he does know that Lady responds favorably when offered a treat. Now, he chases her around saying "teet, teet". While playing outside, Andrew spilled out my entire water. I encouraged Lady to drink it up, but she quickly left after she had her fill. When Andrew saw how much she enjoyed the water, he devised a plan: he splashed his hands in the water and held it up saying "teet, teet".

I know that baby's get smarter by the day. They are little sponges that pick up sounds, words, actions, etc. I just didn't know they were conniving at such a young age. Fabulous.
:)

Anne

No comments: