Sunday, June 14, 2009

Even the Rangers could feel it.

Did you try to watch the Rangers game last night? Were you frustrated with the light malfunction that led to the hour and a half delay and the eventual Rangers' loss? We all were. Would you like some answers? Here's how it all went down....

At approximately 2:30pm yesterday, I arrived home from a very brief shopping excursion to find my husband and son in the kitchen. We were headed out to Arlington for the night, so that Chris and his dad could celebrate Father's day watching the good ole Texas Rangers versus the hated Dodgers. (Sorry, Walt. I hate any team that's not the Rangers.)

Chris greeted me with, "I packed Lovie, and Andrew went crazy." Period. End of discussion... We pack into the Malibu and head to Arlington.

Once Chris and his dad were enjoying countless cold beverages at the Rangers game, it was time to get Andrew ready for bed. The milk was warming up, and I reached in the bag and found... no Lovie. "This can't be," I tell myself recounting the short Lovie related conversation only a few hours prior. "Chris said he packed, and that Andrew went crazy," I kept repeated this over and over trying to somehow will Lovie into the bag. No luck.

I call Chris, and here's how it went:

Me: I thought you said that you packed Lovie. I can't find it.
Chris: I did pack Lovie, and Andrew went crazy. So, I took him out and let Andrew put Lovie back in his room. (Aside: this sentence would have been helpful around 2:31)
Me: Chris, what the (insert choice four letter word here) am I supposed to do now?
Chris: I'm sorry. He was freaking out, so I let him... blah blah blah.

You get the point.

So, here's what happens with no Lovie: Andrew screams and screams unless I let him sleep on me. The Rangers lights mysteriously wouldn't work, and they eventually fall to the hated Dodgers. Life isn't good without Lovie.

Next time we go ANYWHERE overnight, we will have a checklist.
:)
Anne

1 comment:

missy said...

You are hilarious!!

I'm sure Chris "meant" to mention the fact that he put Lovie back in Andrew's room.....right? Right??

They usually mean well....like the time Kev "accidentally" forgot Grayson's Sassy for church.

Sorry Jesus, it was in everyone's best interest that we turned the car around and worshipped You in the comfort of our own home that day.

Thankfully we are now done with the sassie's!!