Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The "magic word" holds a great deal of power. It shows people you are curtious, have manners, and are generally a nice guy. Mainly, it's magic because when you say it, people are more likely to do what you say. Haha, suckers.

As I told you in a previous post, Andrew has mastered this "magic word". It now comes out as "peese", which is pretty impressive, and I dig it. Anyway, here are a couple of examples of using the "magic word" for good:

1. At breakfast, Andrew uses a combination of signs and words. He signs eat. I hand him a NutriGrain bar, and he hands it right back saying "peese", so that I will open it. Score 1 for Andrew's manners. I will absolutely open your breakfast bar!

2. When playing Andrew will hand Daddy or me a book and say "peese", so that we will read to him. Another score for Andrew. Reading is fundamental, and who wouldn't want to read to polite little man.

Now, here comes the tricky part about the "magic word". Here is an example of using the "magic word" for evil:


Andrew is sitting in the car seat eating his paper from daycare. I take the paper away, and he looks at me with that sad, sweet face and begs, " peeeeeeeeeeese". First of all, that's not fair. Secondly, I don't know if anyone would have been able to keep the paper away at that moment. I gave it to him.... How could I resist? He said the "magic word".

For the future, I plan on being stronger. So, I have news for you sweet toddler: Just because you say the "magic word" it doesn't mean the magic is going to happen.

:)

Anne
PS:
Here is a picture of a time when Andrew used the "magic word" for evil. He was begging for us to turn on the hose because he likes to drink out of it. (I know... super classy.)


2 comments:

missy said...

ADORABLE!! He's such a little dude! We are trying to work on "thank you" at the moment....pretty tough. Hope to see you this weekend!

MSCW said...

Awww...look at his little legs! I want to eat him up!