Friday, August 5, 2011

Smooth Talker

In yesterday's post, I forgot to mention the best conversation of all. I witnessed this little gem at the playground the other night. Andrew, Caroline, and I went to the playground to kill time while Daddy tried out for the city's softball team. Two little girls, one 4 and one 7 years old, were already playing. Andrew approached the two of them batting his big blue eyes and flashing his pearly whites.

Andrew: Hi. What's your name?
Younger girl: Yuck! A boy. (She's saying this while running away as fast as she can.)
Older Girl (Cocks her head, slightly annoyed.): I'm Emily. She's Sarah.
(With the way she says this she's obviously way cooler than anything or anyone at the playground.)
Andrew: I'm Andrew. That's Caroline.
Older Girl: So, how old are you?
Andrew: Well, I'm gonna be 4.
Older Girl: So, you're 3 then?
Andrew (clearly defeated): Uh, yeah. I'm 3.
Older Girl: Well, I'm 7, and I can swing on the big monkey bars. There's little kid stuff over there.

Ouch. Nice try, kiddo. I do applaud his attempt, but it's a hard lesson to learn at 3-gonna be 4.  By the way, who taught him to lie about his age to impress people?


:)
Anne

PS: I still think he's a looker. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That kid is so freakin' gorgeous. That 7 year old doesn't know what she's missing. <3