Thursday, August 18, 2011

Potty Training, cont.

Andrew has been potty trained/training since July of last year. We are still working on nights, but I'm fine with pull-ups for now to get us through our slumber. Anyway, my favorite thing about potty training has to be Andrew's urgent need for privacy. He's 3, and we all must afford him the right of privacy when he's going poo... although we still have to assist in the wiping that oh so private hiney.

So, Andrew insists on someone accompanying him to the bathroom if he needs to poop. Once you get there, he turns and says, "I need privacy". We must all wait patiently outside the door for our opportunity to help the king off his throne.

Here's the twist. The other day we went to the mall and had to all share the family bathroom. Andrew mounted his throne and gave his usual request for privacy. I shrugged at the exit to the single stall bathroom and explained that I couldn't leave. What was his response?

"Then, please, just don't look at my eyes."

Oh, my. It was all I could do to hold back the laughter.

:)
Anne

1 comment:

Casey Ross said...

Oh My! I don't think i could have held the laughter in !