Thursday, August 4, 2011

Andrew's To-Do List

Andrew can be very intense and sometimes behaves and speaks as if he were really a young adult. Here are some of our latest gems:

1. I asked Andrew a question at the breakfast a question. His response, "Hold on mommy. I just have to check my email." Then he looked down at the grocery list and wrote something down.

2. Andrew got up from his movie and put his shoes on headed outside. He turned and said, "Mommy, I have a lot of piles to do. I just need to get out there and start raking until all the piles are done." My response, "Good luck".

3. Against the fence, we have an old stump that needs to be ground. I found Andrew out there hitting it over and over with his bat. I asked, "What's up, Bud?" His response, "I'm just 'chinging' this until it goes away. I have to use my strong muscles." (FYI-To ching something is to hit it so hard that it makes a "ching" sound like two swords hitting.)

4. One morning, Andrew found my grocery list pad and pencil. He said, "I need to add some things to the list. We need: vanilla yogurt, milk, granola bars, veggie chips, Reese's cups for Daddy, maybe some lollipops, and oh yeah- we need more pretzels, too." Aside from the Reese's cups, all the rest actually should have or were already on the list.

5. Finally, this morning we ran an errand dangerously close to lunch time. Andrew was starving, so he began to bargain. "Well, Mommy, for lunch today, I think you should make me a sundae ice cream. We have ice cream, walnuts, and chocolate, so I think that means we should eat that."

On a Caroline note, she is still red on top with her sparkly blue eyes. Her 4th tooth popped through this morning. She is eating any and everything you put in front of her, and she's on the verge of crawling! Yeesh. She has also started to talk. Her first word? Bubba. Every time she sees her big brother, she lights up, squeals, and says Bubba, Bubba, Bubba. Then, she said Dada, dada. Grandma Mary and I think we heard a Mama yesterday... Hopefully, she'll be a talker like her brother... and her mother.

Oh, yeah... She also likes to roll under furniture just like her brother used to.

:)
Anne

No comments: