Monday, August 8, 2011

A girl's best friend...

Caroline did it! She finally managed to figure out crawling. We have been modeling, coaxing, pushing, pulling, baiting... but she never could make it happen. (To her credit, she could roll anywhere and wiggle backwards and an alarming pace; however, she never made those sweet little pudgy legs take her forwards.)

Saturday was the day. We sat her in the middle of Grandma Mary's front room in the middle of quite a crowd: Mommy, Daddy, big brother, Grandma Mary, Aunt Heather, Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Heather's friends. We offered several "forbidden fruits". We dangled shoes, candy, cupcakes, and puffs, but she just didn't budge. Then I caught her eye-balling my engagement ring, so I took it off and told her to come and get it. And, I'll be damned- she came and got it.


I guess diamonds really are a girl's best friend. Even if the girl is only 8 months old.

:)
Anne

No comments: