Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Watch out Nebraska!

Well, we did it! We drove 11 hours to and 11 hours from and spent some great, quality time in the land of the corn. Andrew did FABULOUSLY, and Chris's family and friends were really nice!

We left Wednesday night and drove ALL NIGHT. Grandma Mary (our fantastic Nanny-on-call) took the first shift in the back seat to try and lull Andrew off to "ni-ni" land. Not happening, so we did some over the seat acrobatics to switch spots, so Chris wouldn't have to pull over. Shortly thereafter, I realized that Andrew had peed through his diaper, through the pajamas, and through the car seat pad. Nice. A pit stop was necessary. After a quick freshening up, we hit the road... again.

After a massive storm in Kansas and potty breaks all around about 1:30 AM, we hit the road again. I do have to mention that the Kansas turnpike has the best rest stops and potties. They even had a front row seat for Andrew to watch Mommy go tinkle. Interestingly enough, the website says the seat holds someone up to 150 lbs. I don't want anyone that big watching me tinkle, and if someone that big does watch me tinkle, how would I lift him/her onto the seat? But, I digress.

At the crack of 6:30 AM, we arrived in beautiful Plattsmouth, NE. It was incredible. Chris's Aunt and Uncle have an amazing piece of land with breathtaking views (I can't say the best views of the aunts and uncles because I have heard Montana's pretty fantastic...)
Although my pictures don't do it justice, here are some shots from the back door. (And yes, it's supposed to look panoramic.)


Inside the house, Andrew fell in love with Aunt Cindy and Uncle Bill! Here's a slide show of the fun!




Both Bill and Cindy did us a BIG favor and let us sleep while they entertained. I am having issues uploading it (hence the long delay in posting), so I will post the video on the next round of Nebraska fun.

After a fun filled 24 hours with Bill and Cindy, we headed to the glorious town of Fremont, NE.... That will have to wait until the next post, though.

Thanks for being such wonderful hosts, Bill and Cindy!

:)
Anne

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yay for a wonderful trip! We just experienced our first long road trip, too. Didn't see any seats for Alexandra to watch me tinkle, but I sure wish there were some. I had to set her on my lap once while I tinkled -- great fun, as you can imagine.