Friday, August 29, 2008

Goodnight sweetheart

Our newest routine has me more thankful than ever. For the past several weeks, we do bath, lotion, nursing, rolling around, story, and bed. Things were going great. Then, Andrew changed. He got cranky a little early one night, so I decided to sing in an attempt to calm him down. I rocked and sang the first thing that came to mind... Twinkle, Twinkle. Holy smokes, it worked. It worked better than I could have planned. It was amazing. Now, rocking and singing Twinkle, Twinkle (about thirty times in a row) is an essential part of the routine. I have to admit, it's as much for me as for Andrew.

After about 10 minutes of heaven, I stop rocking and singing. Daddy and I read him a story, and he falls asleep with Lovie in his bed.
You can't buy snuggles that sweet.
:)

Anne

PS It wouldn't be fair if I didn't mention that Big Sis Lady helps, too.

2 comments:

breannesp said...

Actually, they just started selling snuggles that sweet at HEB.
They're over by the olives.

MSCW said...

How cute is Lady?
Ha.