Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Developmental milestones...

As I search the web to see what to expect from Andrew's growth and development, I find that he is fine tuning his ability to use his hands. He is using a "raking" motion to pick things up, and he also uses the pincer grasp.


According to Babyzone.com, "a pincer grasp is the ability to pick up an object between one's thumb and forefinger". Well, he's practically mastered it when used to grasp the piece of flab on the front of my left arm. Yay, baby. Ok, Andrew, I know that you can do it now, so stop it already.


So, how do you discipline a 6 month old? Are you even allowed to discipline a 6 month old? 'Cause believe me, a stern "no" just really has had no affect on him whatsoever.

The only way I know to get back at him is to dress him up or make him look silly and then take pictures. What affect, if any, do these actions have on a 6 month old? None. However, in 20+ years, I will have these goofy pictures to show his friends, fraternity brothers, and the love of his life...
Here are a few of my favorites.

"We" did laundry.


Funny hat pictures are always good...especially when he's lookin' pretty nutty.


And la pièce de résistance... The tuxedo onesie. In the words of Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, "I like to think of Andrew as wearin' a Tuxedo T-shirt, 'cause it says, like, "I want to be formal, but I'm here to party too." I like to party, so I like my Andrew to party."





Fun times.
~Anne

1 comment:

breannesp said...

Fantastic hat. Awesome tux onesie. He looks like he's ready to give a toast.
Also, happy anniversary, darlings :)