Thursday, January 26, 2012

So wise

Chris has been laid up for almost two weeks, so it's been all mommy all the time. Andrew, Caroline, and I are starting to show signs of wear. As I buckled Andrew in to his car seat this morning, here is our conversation:

Andrew: (seeing the worry on my face) Mommy, what does that face mean?
Mommy: I'm just a little tired. I'm ready for Daddy to feel better.
Andrew: Me, too. But why does that make you feel like that?
Mommy: Well, when someone is sick it's hard for everyone. We have to be more patient, more loving, and we don't always get everything we want.
Andrew: But Mommy, Daddy is the one who is sick.

Yeesh. I'm feeling very selfish. Simple wisdom from an almost four year old. No matter how tough it is to pick up the slack, it's still worse to be the sick one.


:)
Anne

PS: I did have some much needed help this week from Grandma, Grandpa, Grandma Mary, and Aunt Martha! Love y'all!

No comments: