Monday, May 11, 2009

In hindsight, refried beans, really?

Well, Andrew has his moments of asserting his independence, and who am I to squash that? One such opportunity for being a big boy happened this weekend. After watching a super sad Mavericks loss, the Shacks decided to enjoy a lovely dinner at El Arroyo. At the restaurant, we learned a magical combination of circumstances that allowed us to enjoy our dinner and keep Andrew awake and happy until 8:35 pm! (He's been getting ready for bed starting at 6:30, so 8:35 was a very late night.)

What was this magical combination?
1. Andrew got his own water in a Styrofoam cup. He doesn't need a sippy cup when his out for a night on the town!

2. Andrew sat nearly front row for his first live band. They were at least in there late fifties, but I'm thinking they were pushing mid-sixties. They weren't terrible, but Andrew thought they were fantastic!

3. Refried beans.... Andrew ate an entire plate of refried beans... with his fingers. He did very well and kept the beans on his fingers and his mouth. (He's SOOOO picky that Chris and I want to encourage any "real" foods that he will actually eat.)

As for numbers 1 and 2, water hydrated him, and the music led him to spontaneous dancing. Both are very good things.

I realize now the mistake in #3. Poor Andrew had no idea the wrath that the beans would have on his bowels. And, oh my gosh, have we plowed threw some diapers. I think his butt may be broken.

On a lighter note, I had a yummy taco salad, and Chris enjoyed his brisket tacos. We may have to take out a second mortgage to cover the cost of the extra diapers and wipes from our evening out.

Yuck. Lesson learned.

:)
Anne

PS: He looked super cute while chowing down, and I will add those pics when I get them.

1 comment:

MSCW said...

Funniest thing ever. I assure you, you are a great Mom and would never allow Andrew to have a broken butt....