Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yay, developments!

I'm working on our recent Spring Break travels, but I have to post the most recent developments with the little stinker!

1. He's talking. Here are some common Andrew to English translations that may come in handy (most are relatively obvious):
Dada= Daddy... This word is utter at a disgustingly frequent rate. Whoopee, Dada's home. Mommy's had you for an hour and you haven't said her name once... I'm not bitter.

Mama= Mommy... This very infrequently used word usually arrives VERY early in the morning, directly after a serious bonk, or when some form of feeding is needed. Awesome.

Caca = Cracker... It's pronounced with the same hard C and a sounds as the beginning of cracker it's just missing all those other unnecessary consonants. This can mean anything from a Ritz to a graham to an animal cracker. They're all equal in Andrew's eyes. Be warned: Do not mention this word unless you have several handy. Seriously, you will lose a finger.

Nana= Banana... I told you these weren't like rocket science, but I strongly suggest not mentioning this one or showing this one to Andrew unless you plan to share. Poor Grandma Mary just thought she was going to enjoy her own "nana". Boy, was she wrong. There's nothing quite as yummy as swapping slobber with a 13 month old over a mushy banana.

Gog= Dog... I'll give him credit for correct syllable count and 66% of the letters. Way to go champ. The 'd' will come sooner or later. Lord knows you use it enough for Dada.

Gaga= either Give Me or Grandma... Depending on the context, I have noticed the little booger using the Gaga for either a doting mother of one of his parents or for basically telling me what to do when no one's around.

2. He's wearing shoes. It's has taken many months and many pairs to find the perfect shoe that will stay on Little Man's feet. Keep your fingers crossed for the latest in toddler sneakers.

3. Last, but definitely not least, he's bipedal!!! He stands up in the middle of the floor with no assistance and walks to get places. He no longer depends on his front paws to help him get around. Well, sometimes when he's in a real hurry he switches back to crawling, but we've all done that (See the post about Spring Break...). Anyway, here's a very brief clip of a very drooly and dirty Andrew walking. (And yes, I was luring him to walk with food. And yes, that is Lady's incessant chatter in the background.)


:)
Anne

1 comment:

The Longley's said...

Hi Anne!

Glad you enjoy our blog - sometimes I wonder if anyone is reading at all! :) Yours is so cute too! I got my layout from http://www.jannypie.com/search/label/background and I think it has instructions on how to do it right there. Looks like you have your hands full with little Andrew, sometimes I can't wait until Coleman is that big, others I think I'll cry when the day comes. Such a funny thing, being a mom! Anyway, hope y'all are well. I'm adding you to my favorites so I can follow along in all of y'alls adventures. Talk to you soon!

Katie