Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lots of stuff

I'm the first to admit: Although I'm wildly attractive and super funny, I'm a slow blog-updater. Haha. Seriously, I think about my blog a great deal, but I don't sit down and add to it often enough. So here are some updates... (although they may not be breaking news)

1. Andrew has a million teeth. Trust me, I had a math minor, so I know what 1 million is. If anyone one would like to second guess my counting- remember, I am still nursing. If I say it's a million, it's a million.

2. We are weaning. When I say we, I mean the whole family is weaning. For Andrew, weaning means the next step in being a "big boy". For Mommy, weaning means my boobs feel like the a speed bag after a training session with Rocky. For Daddy, weaning means he doesn't get to sleep in until 6:30 each morning. Oops, I meant to tell the boys to cover their eyes. Yes, 6:30 is sleeping in. Yay, parenthood.

3. Andrew eats more stuff, and I can never anticipate what things will work. To illustrate the randomness of it all, Andrew totally loves the hard brown disc pieces (Melba toast?) from the Gardetto's mix. Sure, I love them, but Andrew won't even eat awesome stuff like cheese or Dr. Pepper.

4. Holy cow! Steps!! We are taking steps. Well, I've been taking steps for months now, but Andrew started steppin' Thursday! Yay, walking! With all the strategy Chris and I have used, it was all Aunt Rachel. Andrew stood barefoot on the concrete waiting for Aunt Rachel and Uncle Beard (Matt) to arrive. Upon their arrival, Andrew's excitement got the best of him and he took three, unassisted steps toward Aunt Rachel, who was reaching out the open car window. Let's face it, Aunt Rachel is irresistible. Here's a video of walking with stuff. Andrew mostly walks while pushing things, so here's why our kitchen floor is scuffed.

5. Grandma Sharon is amazing... Although none of us had any doubts, here is video evidence of how hilarious she is.


6. Someday Andrew will have a birthday party at a bounce house place. I just don't know who likes it more. Clip 1 is Andrew and Daddy on the Inflat-O-Slide. Clip 2 is just Daddy being Daddy. Maybe we will have Daddy's birthday party at a bounce house place...

:)

Anne

PS: As for the last video, that's why they call him "Shaq"?

No comments: