Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snuggle me, Daddy.

Flashback to freshman year of college: I got the stomach bug, and it was ter-ri-ble. I was throwing up, shaking, and crying. I was sick, and my mommy was 3.5 hours away. I remember feeling so pathetic, but all I wanted was mommy. Who was going to check on me? Who would get a cool wash rag to hold on the back of my neck as a held the bowl? I think the feeling of loneliness, coupled with the sickness, was what sent me over the edge. I called Mom, and she had me close my eyes and hold a cool rag on my neck. She talked to me and was transported to my dorm room. Her mommy magic worked, as it always has, and I felt so much better. I just needed her.

Flash forward to molar number two: Andrew's misery was apparent. He couldn't play, he couldn't eat, and he definitely couldn't sleep. We tried everything: Lovie, Lady, teethers, blankets, rocking, Baby Einstein, ibuprofen, but nothing worked. The only thing that worked for Andrew was Daddy. So that's what Andrew got. There are schools of thought that say it's spoiling him, but how could we withhold the one thing he needed?

So here was the scene last Sunday afternoon as the second molar made its way. At first, the two boys just laid there and snuggled. At first, it appears they are sleeping, but they weren't. They were calm and still and quiet and lovey, but they were awake. You can see in the second shot that Andrew's eyes are open. However, by the third picture, Daddy and Andrew had snuggled their way to sleep. And that's how they stayed for two hours.


































I love my two boys... even when they don't need Mommy.

:)

Anne

1 comment:

ALEGS said...

So very sweet!- your boys will always need you!- I am so glad you took a minute to capture this moment on film. I feel cherished that I get a sneak peek at it~AL