Monday, June 6, 2011

Waterworks

Today was my first day home after quitting my job to stay home with Andrew and Caroline. It's been a long time coming. The day was amazingly simple, and it ended beautifully.

Chris came home and instantly noticed the calm saying, "everyone seems so happy". We were. We were rested, not rushed. The evening flowed well with a family foam-bat sword fight followed by dinner, baths, and books.

Andrew crawled into my lap with his normal request, "Mommy, can you give the baby to daddy, please?" This means he wanted me all to himself, and I am ready... or I thought I was.

Andrew sat on my lap and "read" me his book. His tiny finger moving across each page to help guide his "reading". My arms hugged around him, and it hits me. I don't have to go back to work... Silent tears pour out over Andrew's shoulders, and he stops reading. He looks terrified. "Mommy, what's wrong?" I tell him that I am happy. That sometimes mommies are so happy that they cry.

Instead of sad tears in August, I get to have happy tears now.

:)
Anne

1 comment: