Thursday, December 23, 2010

Just a few weeks ago...

Just a few weeks ago...
  • Andrew's hand was tiny in mine.

  • Andrew was so young.

  • Andrew needed me for everything.

  • Andrew was my baby.

Around 9:45 on December 8th. the nurse handed me Caroline.


  • Caroline's hand is tiny in mine. Suddenly, Andrew became enormous.

  • Caroline is so young. Andrew is a big boy.

  • Caroline needs me for everything. Andrew seems so independent.

  • Caroline and Andrew are both my babies.

A few weeks ago I worried about so many things. Now I have my two beautiful, healthy, loving, needy, tiny, babies... and I couldn't be happier.

Welcome to life with children, or as Uncle Jason told Andrew upon his arrival to the big, bright world a few years ago, "Welcome to the Jungle."

:)

Anne

2 comments:

MSCW said...

oh annie - this made me cry! you are such a wonderful mommy!

missy said...

As I wipe the snot from my nose and the tears from my eyes, I must say- Ann, this was beautiful! She's beautiful and perfect and I cannot wait to meet her and hear all your stories about being a Mama of a girl....isn't it the best? This life....a mom to a boy and a girl....we are so blessed.