Friday, October 30, 2009

Missing the Boys


I am such a dedicated librarian that I gave up 2.5 days with my precious boys. I was a chaperon at Sky Ranch with the 5th graders from my school. Well, as they say,"when the cat's away...the giraffe will play??" ...maybe that's not the exact saying, but Andrew and Daddy sure had fun at Andrew's Halloween party today. And Andrew was the cutest giraffe around...at least the Shackletts think so. Here are some shots that Daddy took. Hope

From left to right:
Pic #1: Andrew got to Trick-or-treat at daycare. All went well until they told him he couldn't have the candy anymore. Chris got to be the proud papa as Andrew threw himself down and failed while screaming madly to get his candy back. I wonder why the iPhone wasn't clicking pics for that moment.
Pic #2: Andrew finally settled down to enjoy his Halloween feast. I got to see this picture in real time. At first, I was so excited to see my sweet giraffe enjoying his party and costume. Then I realized he was drinking orange juice... from a cup... with no lid... while wearing his costume. Awesome. Luckily there was minimal spillage (shocking), so the costume would be ready for Halloween.
Pic # 3: Eventually, the fun of the hood wore off, and Andrew finished his meal of cookies as a headless giraffe.
Yay, Halloween fun. Bring on the Trick-or-treating with the Clarkes tomorrow!
:)
Anne

No comments: